Oct 07, 2013 | 1 Comment
May 09, 2013 | Discuss
More in The Middle Years: Life with Children at Home
- If I had to give my daughters one piece of advice as they enter adulthood, I would say “Just because something seems hard and other people perceive it as a big stretch for you, that doesn’t mean that you should not keep reaching for it.”
- There wasn’t a particular moment that I can remember thinking, “oh, my son is asking for a dress.” It was just more gradually that we realized that he was attracted to girls’ clothes and that it wasn’t a passing phase.
- I had all three of my children in the Netherlands. The difference between having a baby there versus here is night and day. We’re just crazy-making here in the U.S.
- Sometimes when we hear about women who are in abusive marriages, we think, “Why the hell did she stay with him?” My own experiences have taught me that we just can’t judge that.
- I want desperately to be able to say to you, “He’s my greatest teacher, and it’s so humbling, and I’ve learned so much,” and I expect to get to the end of my life or his and be able to say that, but right now I can’t.
Oct 11, 2013 | Discuss